Raniganj (South) Block
GEECL's Raniganj (South) block licence area covers 210 sq. km (52,500 acres). We will drill 300 wells in the contracted area. A 5-well cluster pattern will be followed for drilling the wells. The wells are connected by an internal MDPE pipeline network going into our Gas Gathering Station and then feeding the gas into our dedicated external steel pipeline network.
- Area of 210 sq. km;
- 2.62 TCF of Gas-in-Place (as estimated by Advance Resources International, Inc);
- 156 wells drilled;
- A further 144 wells planned to be drilled;
- 56 deviated wells have been successfully drilled;
- Dedicated pipeline of 77.62 km running through the heart of the Asansol-Durgapur industrial belt;
- Franchisee agreements with Indian Oil Corporation Limited and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited for supply of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG).